What's new

Preamps with Multiple Zones (1 Viewer)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
For those of you who are using multi-zone preamps to control two separate systems from one pre/pro, can you explain to me how you have things situated? Do you have to run cables through walls to get to zone 2? Also, how do you remote control everything if the two zones are far apart? For instance, if you are using the pre/pro to power your main HT in the living room and also a separate bedroom system (zone 2), do you have any remote control capabilities from the bedroom or do you always have to go to the living room to change settings and such? Also, what do you do in the case of long cable runs between zones?

HT I kinda know...ergonomics in situations like this and I'm a total newbie.

Thanks.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Yes the cables need to be ran, No real way around this.
You can Pronto Pro with RF, or the new Maratz
These would be one of the higher priced ways to get this done.
There are several x10 or ir repeaters that would also
work for you. Sorry I have no links for you.
Or a Crestron system will handle this also.
You only need a second mortgage for this option.
Much luck.;)

ArtM

Auditioning
I have my seperate rooms hardwired for the speakers, back to the main system in the Family Room, also the speakers on the deck. I use the X-10 Pyramid system, and am able to control not only the volume, but all the input sources also. You can buy the X-10 Pyramids for about $49.00. They work good at short distances, but are intermittent at the 100 foot distance that X-10 boasts.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks