1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Preamp to reciever

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mavrick, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Mavrick

Mavrick Auditioning

I am wondering if it's possible to run my DVD plyer into a Carver preamp's CD input, and then the preamp's output to the CD input of my Yamaha reciever. I like the holographic
    effect with CD's,. Thank's for any help on this........

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

What's the point of the preamp in that equation? Wouldn't the audio signal just be passing through the preamp to the receiver?

3. Mavrick

Mavrick Auditioning

One of the Carver preamp's feature's is the holographic soundstage. I like how it spreads every thing out on 2 channel recordings ,and am trying to figure out how to intergrate it into the Yamaha reciever. I use the main in's for DVD-A and SACD so I can't get into it that way.
    Thanks for any help on this......

4. Rob Rodier

Rob Rodier Supporting Actor

You can do it. Also might want to see if the holographic function will spit out any of the fixed outputs. That would avoid the use of the volume control on the carver. If you go pre-out I would try to set the carver's gain as close to the dvd player's out as possible. I.e. it is not a good idea to get a higher spl at the same volume setting.

-rob