What's new

Preamp to receiver, is it possible? (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone,

Just have one question for you.

I just bought a Bryston SP1 but I won't have my amp until the end of the month.Was wondering if I could hook it up to my HK 8000, just to make sure everything is working properly.

I'm not too worried because of the warranty but I still have to know.Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
I believe the 8000 has Main Ins. These are what you would use to make the SP1 connection and effectively turn the 8000 into an amp.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
James,

Please let us know how it sounds. I'm always interested in hearing how a quality receiver's amps compare in this kind of setup to all separates. Having a few weeks to play with this will allow you something more than passing a familiarity with the H/K amps.

I'm assuming you're eventually mating the SP1 to Bryston power as well.

Paul,

I haven't tried it yet as I have had no time but today looks promising.

I will be mating the SP1 with a Bryston 6B SST.But I won't have the HK at the same time.It has to go to help fund it.I have a buyer(maybe) but if it falls through, I will let you know how it compares.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks