1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Preamp output to all channels

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Allen Longcor, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

Does this mean that you could provide more power to every channel of you receiver? I'm not familiar with a lot of stuff so excuse my ignorance of features and terms. If so how exactly would you do this (links to products would help a lot) and if not how important would it be to have this feature?

2. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson Second Unit

Matthew Anderson
    Allen,

This basically means that you can hook up an external amplifier to the receiver which would then be used as a preamp. You would no longer be using the amps inside your receiver. I am doing this and the results are great. The sound is improved with more detail. I don't have any links but you can check out the various web sites of receiver makers and look at the features.

3. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Allen,

Basically depending on the number of pre-outs on your receiver you have you can power the LCR,SR,SL,SW. My Denon 1801 had preouts for LCR and SUB so I hooked up a Rotel RMB 1066 to power the LCR. The difference was like night and day(clarity, depth, etc). It is also a good step if you plan on moving to seperates in the future.

Kevin