pre-street DVD question

Discussion in 'DVD' started by [email protected], Aug 14, 2004.

1. Ben_@

[email protected] Stunt Coordinator

I picked up Master With Cracked Fingers today, which is the Saturday before official street date of this release. On the packaging it says it has animated menus, but when i put it in, all that pops up is a static menu, as are all the other menues. The film itself doesn't look "digitally remastered" as the packaging promises, nor does it appear to be 5.1 audio (though I only have stereo headphones to check with at the moment).

The B side of the disc, which features the original chinese cut, with subtitles, is an obvious recording from an old videotape (the image is fixed, not even pan and scan).

Despite being on the shelf a few days ahead of schedule, is it possible that I have some sort of version that was not intended to be sold? Its from Videoasia, if that makes any difference.

2. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    did you buy it at a real b&m store?

dont mention the name of the store if you did.
    but if you didnt get it at a name brand store it may be a boot.

3. Ben_@

yeah, its a major b&m store. The only other issue is that I'm not sure what to do about returning it. Should I mention that they put it out early?

Also, there are no identifying numbers or anything around the hub of the disc. I noticed that every other disc i have has some sort of identificaiton around the hub, is that any indication?

4. Matt Czyz

Matt Czyz Supporting Actor

Does your cover art match the offical cover art that's posted online?

5. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    VideoAsia is a public domain company. They've released various kung fu collections at a cheap price and I've heard they all look pretty bad. Most PD companies have "digitially remastered" on the case but they never are. VideoAsia takes their prints from out of print videos as well. You just have a poor quality release, not a bad disc.

6. Ben_@

thats it then. Damn. I wish i had known that before hand. I'll be more warry in the future. Thanks. [​IMG]