1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre/Pro help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rich Co, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Rich Co

Rich Co Extra

Hi,

I've been reading threads regarding pre/pro for a week now. Since i'm living in the Philippines, i don't want to use voltage regulators so the Outlaw is out out of the question since it is 110V.

I had stated with my my eye on the Rotel RSP-1066 since it will be available through a dealer and will be matched with a RMB-1075.

After reading the posts, i'm inclined to get an Anthem, my question is : What are differences between the AVM-2 and AVM-20?

2. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Rich, I don't have much time here right now so I have to make this short, I'll post more later.

From initial reports, there were quite a few negative things said about the AVM-2 regarding 2 channel music reproduction..it just wasn't very good. Anthem upgraded all the part components of the AVm-20. Better DACS, better Op-Amps, dual transformers, etc. The AVM-20 is suppose to be night and day better than the 2. Not even a comparison. As far as feature differences, I'll have to get back to you with a more detailed analysis.

3. Rich Co

Rich Co Extra

Evan,

Thanks for the reply. If the AVM-2 is so much worse you don't even have to list the features, i will stay clear of it.