Pre/Pro and Amplifier Advice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Eric Moore, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Eric Moore

Eric Moore Auditioning

I have only been on this site for two days and I have doubled my knowledge of home audio. This site is great! I am looking for Pre/Pro and Amplifier for my HT setup. I bought a set of Infinity Alpha series speakers but my current reciever is old (pioneer VSX 405) and I would like to replace it. I have read some really good reviews about the outlaw 950 and the 7100 so I am considering that. My budget for the Pre/pro and amp is around $1500 so it fits perfectly in my budget. Are there any other suggestions for low end pre/pro and amp (and for recievers in that price range)?

The reason I am leaning toward seperates is that I want a system that I will easily be able to upgrade in the future. Thanks for you input.

Eric

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I had a 950, and now I have the Lexicon MC-8. Even in spite of the price differential, I was very happy with the 950. I would have kept it, but I had this itch for Logic 7, you see... [​IMG]

Plus, you get 30 days to try them out and to return them if you don't like them.

Just wait until you've been hanging out here for a couple of years. I'm still amazed at what I've learned from others here. [​IMG]

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Eric:

I have the 950/770 combo which is the big brother of the 950/7100 and you are going to love the sound of this set up. With a 30 day return policy you really can't go wrong. Try it out in your house for a couple of weeks and put it through its paces. If you don't care for it just return it and pick up something else.

Parker

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Outlaw stuff is excellent for the price. I am very happy with my Outlaw Model 950 and would recommend it to anyone who asked.

5. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

Check out the Hardware For Sale section for a nice deal on a Marantz/Outlaw combo. And no, it's not mine...