What's new

Pre-ordered my Sony DVP-NC650V...ship date?? (1 Viewer)

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
It is my understanding that both the 4700 and 5700 will be exactly identical with the exception of HDCD decoding and the Cinema Series label (maybe color too). I have heard this from several sources and I would expect build quality to be the same since there is only a $50 difference in price.
I think that most people will be using the Y-adapter approach to settle the DVD-A / SACD "war" for now. I don't know alot about electronical devices but I do not see how if two devices are hooked up to the same Y-adapter and one is turned off they could interfere. Personally I will be using the DVD player for movies only right now since there are not many titles out that appeal to me. By the time there are hopefully someone will have a 5.1 analog switch box out.
I should get to see the 4700 on wednesday and maybe I can clarify exactly what differences there will be.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Jason- where are you seeing the 4700 at? i'm VERY interested in the difference(s) between the 4700 and the 5700, as i have one of the two on my buying list. also, where did you see the Oct 21 release date on the site? i've looked it over and didn't see anything relating to their intro date.
i just cancelled the '650V order and ordered a '777 from 800.com. i think i'm leaning more towards the HDCD-decoding SD5700, but i'm still open to suggestions for other brands/models. thanks again to everyone for their great advice! keep it coming!
------------------
-Thomas
Click here to visit my webpage.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Will,
As I was writing my reply, I thought briefly about interference, but again, I don't see it being an issue. Obviously, there are varying opinions about this sort of thing. In my experience, the Monster turbine Y-adapters induce no interference. However, I never have the two components sharing one of these adapters on at the same time.
Jason,
I agree with you about Y-adapters. I'd like to hear what you learn about the Toshiba '4700 and '5700.
Thomas,
I assume you meant to say that you ordered the '775, not the '777.
wink.gif
Definitely let us know your impressions of it. As for DVD-Audio players, I have no other suggestions for budget models outside of the JVC and Toshiba offerings. Hopefully one of the Toshiba models will suit you.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks