What's new

Pre-order ROBOT MONSTER on 3-D Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Jack Theakston and I are finishing up assembly on the June/July 1953 trailers segment for our ROBOT MONSTER 3-D Blu-ray release from Bayview Entertainment. Peppered with original snipes, this a fun compilation of movie previews that were seen in various Los Angeles theatres when ROBOT MONSTER premiered on June 24, 1953. Among the rarities, the original coming attraction trailer for SIDE STREETS OF HOLLYWOOD!

This primarily flat movie had one 3D section; the short MADONNA AND HER BUBBLES which is another bonus extra on this release. You'll be seeing her delightful stereo bubbles for the first time ever in discrete polarized 3D, scanned from the original left/right 35mm camera negatives!

446-D082-C-4-EF0-49-B5-AD5-D-8-D21047-CD2-F3.jpg
Thanks Bob...it just keep getting better snd Better!!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Greg Kintz and I are delighted to join Bill Groves on his latest episode of Movie Nights and Matinees. We discuss ROBOT MONSTER and other exciting 3-D restoration projects. We hope that you enjoy it!

That was a fun listen. Interesting topics I didn't expect like, View-Master. Something I took away, always just seemed to pass me by. That every one of these classic film 3D restorations are in actuality, two restorations. One for the left eye, one for the right.

80S See GIF by VPRO

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
We have two very special Midwest Sneak Preview screenings of our new ROBOT MONSTER restoration! The first will take place at the fabulous Wisconsin Film Festival on Saturday, April 15. Bob Furmanek will be there to introduce the film and discuss this most complex and painstaking restoration. Advance tickets are now on sale: https://wifilmfest.eventive.org/schedule/63eff19e2a798f0058621b11

Cinecolor expert Jack Theakston will be in Madison as well for a screening of our highly acclaimed JACK AND THE BEANSTALK restoration on April 16. Jack will also be presenting a master class presentation on this most complex color process along with his one-of-a-kind 35mm Cinecolor Trailer Reel. https://wifilmfest.eventive.org/schedule/63eff89e98baa9003de8e7cc

The second advance Midwest preview of ROBOT MONSTER (with JACK AND THE BEANSTALK) will take place on May 24 in Columbus at the Wexner Center for the Arts at Ohio State University. Tickets for this opening night screening to kick-off The Columbus Moving Picture Show weekend will be available soon. I'll post an update announcement as soon as those advance tickets go on sale.

And rest assured, there's lots of Ro-Man excitement ahead. Stay tuned for a VERY special 70th anniversary screening of ROBOT MONSTER in New York City on Saturday, June 24...

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
To age like the hu-man. To laugh, feel, eat cake like the hu-man.
I agree, I must, yet can Musn't...I cannot go against the great presence!!! I can't but, I must!!! I need a better script !! :dance:

Attachments

• robot-monster-great-guidance.jpg
    robot-monster-great-guidance.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
We are delighted to announce that 3-D Film Archive Technical Director and restoration genius Greg Kintz has been added to the gala premiere festivities in Madison, Wisconsin. Tickets are selling fast so don’t miss this VERY special inaugural screening of ROBOT MONSTER in restored 3-D!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The sneak preview screening at the Wisconsin Film Festival of our 70th anniversary ROBOT MONSTER restoration was a great success. The sold-out crowd absolutely loved it!

"First off, the restoration is nothing short of spectacular, even by the 3-D Film Archive's deservedly vaunted standards. The 3-D depth is consistently immersive, every frame remains in focus, and both the film crew and the archive should be commended for their efforts, as the film looks as good (or better!) than when it first premiered and showcases the transformative tincture a third dimension can add." https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=21048971&postcount=410
PXL_20230415_155712095.MP.jpg
PXL_20230415_160541415.MP.jpg

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks