What's new

Pre-Amp advice, Help me choose (1 Viewer)

Craig Ball

Second Unit
I'm looking for a good quality pre-amp to match my existing sytem. I'd like to have EX,ES as I have six channels of amplification and six speakers. This is what I have right now.
(1) Two Acurus A200x3
(2) One Samson S1000
(3) Klipsch KLF-30 Mains
(4) Klipsch KLF-C7 Front & Rear centers
(5) Klipsch KSP-S6 Surrounds
(6) Two SVS 20-39CS+ Subs
And of course I have a DVD player, CD, MD, ect.. I just want opinions on what pre-might match well with what I have now, I had the Outlaw 950 second generation after the supposed hiss fix but my klipsch/Acurus combo hissed bad, so now I'm back to square one. Please help

Craig

Orin Dym

Stunt Coordinator
How about some more information. Price range? When you listen to 2 channel music, do you want to use the DACs in your CD player or pre-amp? (In other words, is a 2 channel bypass mode a must, or is stereo DAC quality a high priority in a preamp?)What about DVD-A or SACD? Do you need or must have adjustable crossover frequencies for each channel? Are music surround modes important to you?

Craig Ball

Second Unit
Price range would be what ever is compatible with my existing sytem. I would have thought any pre-amp that did 6.1 ex/es would be ready for dvd-a & sacd, I'd use what ever dac sounded better to me, and I use it 50/50 HT & Music so two channel is as important as HT to me. I just want to get away from the reciever.

Craig

LCSeminole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Laurence
Craig, I'm using a Rotel RSP-1066 with a Carver AV-705x amp and Klipsch all around. KLF-20 fronts, KLF-C7 center, and RB-5's in the rear. Couldn't be happier!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks