What's new

Pre-90s catalog on Blu - A comprehensive list (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I'm excited about Dr. Zhivago. I never replaced my LD with a DVD. I will buy a copy unless it only comes in an expensive, huge box o'junk complete with stuff like a little sled, party arm-band, Red Army wristwatch, machine gun bullet, and whatever else.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Rachael B /forum/thread/290295/pre-90s-catalog-on-blu-a-comprehensive-list/60#post_3636572
I'm excited about Dr. Zhivago. I never replaced my LD with a DVD. I will buy a copy unless it only comes in an expensive, huge box o'junk complete with stuff like a little sled, party arm-band, Red Army wristwatch, machine gun bullet, and whatever else.
It will be a digibook only, so you can buy that one /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif.
Too bad they didn't use the original artwork, but that's another matter.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Added the following:

Sanjuro (1962) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 3/23/10
Seven Samurai (1954) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray TBD 2010
Yojimbo (1961) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray 3/23/10

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I'm jazzed about SEVEN SAMURAI and BIGGER THAN LIFE. Good work, Criterion(and please bring us the restored RED SHOES on BD soon!).

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
hey brandon =). thank you for the list!!! i used this to make my purchases ;). i luv classics =).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Brandon the list is great, thanks.
any chance you can bold the movie titles, would be a ton easier to glance through it with the titles bolded.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I'll consider it, Tony. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif
Added the following:
Dreamscape (1984) (Image) - coming to Blu-ray 4/6/10
The Leopard (1963) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray TBA 2010
M (1931) (Criterion) - coming to Blu-ray TBA 2010

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Amazon has recently added the following placeholders which is a good indication that the titles will be released in the coming year
WarnerBen HurKelly's HeroesCaddyshack Excalibur Citizen KaneCamelotVictor/VictoriaCabaretBandwagonYankee Doodle DandySinging in the RainA Streetcar Named Desire King KongAround the World in 80 DaysRebel Without a Cause East of EdenSinging in the RainTop HatWho's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?MGM/UAWest Side StoryAnnie HallThe Lion in WinterA Hard Day's NightTom JonesFoxCleopatraOklahomaCarouselKing and IMoulin RogueThe Rocky Horror Picture ShowThe Sound of MusicStar WarsAll About EvePrime of Miss Jean BrodieState FairParamountApocalypse NowOnce Upon a Time in the WestRaiders of the Lost ArkThe Ten CommandmentsMy Fair LadyBreakfast at Tiffany'sRomeo and julietRoman HolidayTerms of EndearmentSONYLawrenace of ArabiaBridge on the River KawiFunny GirlOliver!As Good As it GetsFrom Here to EternityOn the WaterfrontYou Can't Take it With YouIt Happened One NightAll the King's MenMCATo Kill a MockingbirdA Beautiful MindPsycho

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I'd expect maybe 50% of those in 2010, with the another 40% coming in 2011-2012, and 10% after that. These are the "no brainer" big studio catalog titles, after all, many of which we have known to be in the planning stages.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway /forum/thread/290295/pre-90s-catalog-on-blu-a-comprehensive-list/60#post_3648720
I'd expect maybe 50% of those in 2010, with the another 40% coming in 2011-2012, and 10% after that. These are the "no brainer" big studio catalog titles, after all, many of which we have known to be in the planning stages.
I agree that we should not expect all of them in 2010 - I would be happy to get half of them this year and hopefully not the half that does not interest me as much ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks