Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Great review, Matt, of one my all-time favorite TV movies. This movie employs something I wish more productions did--picture credits of the actors at the end, in this case a 3-4-second snippet of each one accompanied by his/her name. Andy Griffith's end-credit clip is a classic, from his scene with the young lady Matt refers to--that whole sequence will make you say, "We're a long way from Mayberry now."

Nelson Au

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the review! I remember seeing this back in the day as a kid as I was becoming more and more a Star Trek fan. And I always enjoyed seeing it when repeated on the weekday afternoon movie after school. I always liked this movie. So this will be added to my collection.

Makes me wonder if The Horror at 37,000 Feet will be released on blu ray too. Another made for TV film with many TV actors in the cast.

Real Name
Christian
When I was at Berkeley, we would get drunk and watch this with non-stop laughter. I can't take any of this seriously, especially with a title like PRAY FOR THE WILDCATS, but it's a hysteric blast.

Nelson Au

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
I sat down to watch this disc last night finally. It’s been many years since I’d seen it, but the first half of the film I more or less recalled. The initial bike ride at the start of the film I’d forgotten.

On this viewing, i was able to really get into the story more and understand the characters better. As an adult now whose had more experiences in life and working in an agency and then a corporation, I could see better the conflicts these characters were having. Shatner’s character who makes his shift to do the right thing from the experiences he has on the trip was weighty to me on this viewing.

I remember the scenes with the two wives but I’d forgotten Angie Dickinson’ scene where she tries to get the authorities to go to Baja to find the men before Warren might kill himself.

I kept thinking Lorraine Gary was Louise Sorrel because she bore such a resemblance to a character Sorrel played on Star Trek opposite William Shatner.

I’m glad to see this film released in such a great package and great looking master. I plan to watch it again with the audio commentary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flashgear

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GB_TimD