PR99 showing on DVR-310 display

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by JohnOPR, May 21, 2006.

1. JohnOPR

JohnOPR Stunt Coordinator

If anyone can assist me in solving this problem, I'd be grateful.

I have my Panasonic DVD-RV32 player connected to my Pioneer DVR-310 DVD recorder, which is in turn connected to my TV. I virtually always use my Panasonic player as the primary source when I play a DVD, i.e., I play the discs on the Panasonic. To view them, I have to turn on all three devices (the Panasonic, the Pioneer, and the TV). Until today, everything has worked fine.

This afternoon, while watching a DVD, the picture suddenly went out around the ten minute point of the movie and the Pioneer DVR-310 showed a PR99 on the display. Although I have the operating instructions manual for that player/recorder, I can find nothing that mentions that error code.

Can anyone explain to me the meaning of that code and please offer a solution to my problem? The disc plays fine on the DVR-310....I tried it. But, it's as though the signal no longer passes from the Panasonic thru the Pioneer to the TV. Since I'm no guru in matters like this, I can't figure out what's wrong.

Please help.

Thanks
    John

2. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    John,

Did you try to connect the player's video directly to the TV? That would tell you if the signal comes out intact (in which case it's something on the Pioneer) or not.
    And if you still won't get an image: try a different cable as well.

Good luck!

Cees

3. JohnOPR

JohnOPR Stunt Coordinator

Cees

Thanks for your comments. Fortunately, I managed to resolve the issue early this morning. The problem was not with the connection, rather with my cat who, it seems, stepped on the remote last night before bedding down next to it. He depressed the input key by accident, thus redirecting the signal. Result....a blank televsion screen. I'm sure glad that this was an easy fix.

John

4. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons