What's new

PR Tumult Design (1 Viewer)

Nat Ward

Agent
Hello, this will be my first try at a DIY project, and it would help if a few of you who have done this before would double check my design. I plan on using the Adire Audio Tumult, 2 Stryke Audio 18" passive radiators and the Kiega 52100 (1000W) plate amp. Using WinISD Pro, it appears that a 113L enclosure with 1600g PRs has a nice roll-off and goes 3dB down at 24Hz. But searching through other threads, other people use larger enclosures (5-5.5ft^3) and the heavier 2500g PRs. When I plotted those against my design their curve seemed flatter, and only had an advantage from 15Hz down. Am I missing something? Use will be 60% music, 40% movies, and would be in a room 25ft x 15ft. And just to make sure I didn't make a stupid mistake, under the "PR" tab when the program asks for "added mass to the cone" the value would be 1600g for the 1600g Stryke PR, correct? It doesn't know the mass from the other parameters (Vas, Qms, etc) and me putting 1600g in the block really makes it a 3200g PR? Thanks for any help.

Nat Ward

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
And just to make sure I didn't make a stupid mistake, under the "PR" tab when the program asks for "added mass to the cone" the value would be 1600g for the 1600g Stryke PR, correct?
No, you just input whatever added Mms you want to model. It "knows" the existing Mms from the other parameters. That's certainly not a "stupid" mistake to make, though.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
There really wont be a huge difference between a 4 and 5 cu ft enclosure especially if you go with differently weighted PR's which is exactly what you found out on the sims. People go with the larger enclosure to gain that last umph down low but it certainly isnt needed so if your 4 cu ft enclosure using the 1600g PR's looks good then go for it!
The Keiga has a subsonic filter built into it that really starts kicking in at 15Hz so most information below that frequency will be filtered out anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks