PR fixed, Shiva bottoming out

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert_Sloan, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Robert_Sloan

Robert_Sloan Extra

My Pr is fixed and the system sounds very nice. I am having a problem with my Shiva bottoming out though. I was running a gain of +5db on my Denon 3801 but I changed this to +0Db and that did not change anything.
    Should I lower the sub all the way down to -12DB and turn up the amp? I am using a AVA250 from Adire BTW. This was happening at 30% power on the amp originally and now that I lowered the gain about 40% on the amp. This is only producing sound between 85-90 DB. The shiva is bottoming out at 25HZ. I did some low volume level 200HZ to 20HZ sweeps and the shiva kept up all the way down to 20hz. This was only at 65DB though.
    Thoughts?

2. Julian Data

Julian Data Second Unit

Q: What did you calibrate the sub level to, what dB?
    ------------------

3. Mike Thompson

Robert, you may have a misalignment. Have you checked your tuning of the system? I'm not sure what you mean about your PR being fixed? If you could post the details of your system, maybe there is an easy fix. Run a sine freq. up and down until you find the freq. at which the Shiva moves the LEAST, and the PR the most. This will be Fb. (Unless you have measurement equipment) Also say the box volume.
    Mike