What's new

PR - Darkroom - 1981 Anthology Series hosted by James Coburn for Region 4 (1 Viewer)

MadmanTV

Grip
Real Name
Grant
Madman Entertainment is thrilled to announce the world premiere DVD release of the classic and much sought after Universal television series DARKROOM.

In the tradition of Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone and Night Gallery came this much celebrated cult series hosted by screen legend James Coburn. With thrilling tales of horror and real terror, each episode featured a number of short stories guaranteed to leave its audience switching every light on in their house.

Available for the first time anywhere, every story from the 1981 anthology series is now available to thrill a new audience.

DARKROOM - The Complete Series is released in Australia (Region 4) on June 16th.

With kind permission from Home Theater Forum, here is the link for more information:

http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?method=view&releaseId=13481

The DVD comes with a booklet containing the original pre-release Universal Press Information, which provides a fascinating look at some of the stories which never made it into production.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
It's nice that this is coming out, although rather pricey for a show which had 7 episodes. I'd like to upgrade mine, which I recorded off ABC when they aired, but not at that price, plus shipping to the U.S.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I received my copy yesterday and watched the first episode. The episode is truly complete and unedited, from the opening teaser scenes to the bumpers that pop up mid episode. I was especially happy to see that the Universal logo at the end of the episode was the original and not replaced with a newer version. The picture quality looked fine to me on the 52 ' RCA I have. This is a nice set and is surely recommended to fans of the series.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Am interested in getting the Region 4 set of Darkroom. Have checked the price on ezyDVD but the price is still too high.

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
I got this from Devoted when it was released... very happy with it.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The price on Devoted is lower than ezyDVD. Are Devoted a reliable seller, in terms of delivery and packaging?

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

The price on Devoted is lower than ezyDVD. Are Devoted a reliable seller, in terms of delivery and packaging?

I'm pretty sure I've used them in the past, but if so, it's been awhile. FBO (Family Box Office) and DVD Orchard are also reliable (and FBO frequently worked out as less-expensive for me on several things in the past).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for replying Andy.

Have purchased Darkroom from Devoted. You can choose how you have a DVD/DVD set sent to you in the post, which is a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks