1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Powerpuff people in Final Fantasy X

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave F, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I was watching a boring movie, so I was leafing through the credits for Final Fantasy X when I noticed that Tara Strong performed the voice of Rikku. Tara Strong is also the voice of Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls. Just to be sure, I checked out her web page. Sure enough, it's her.
    Looking through the supporting cast, other Powerpuff people are in the credits - Cathy Cavadini (Blossom), Tom Kenny (The Mayor & the announcer), and Roger Jackson (Mojo Jojo). Only Buttercup (Elizabeth Daily) is missing. [​IMG]
    -Dave

2. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer
    Supporter

Carl III
    No way, Buttercup is my favorite [​IMG]

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think the guy who does Fry's voice on Futurama did the main character's voice.

4. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Nope, Fry is voiced by Billy West. Tidus is voiced by James Arnold Taylor. Although....Tom Kenny also was the voice of Fry's brother in an episode of Futurama.

-Dave

5. Kip

Kip Stunt Coordinator

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think Wakka did have the best VA. My friend and I keep talking about how badass Auron is, how hot Lulu is, and how cool Wakka's voice is.

Then again, not all of the VA was good. Yuna's seemed too...fake and weak (she's supposed to be strong willed, but didn't sound it) and Seymour's just seemed too soft. Tidus' was pretty good but could have used better dialogue and Lulu, while well acted, seemed to be held back (like they told her to not do as good of a job or something).