What's new

Powerpuff Girls Movie (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Have they ever released this on WS?
I ended up watching it on PPV because I didn't want to buy the FF version of it but I still want to own it

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
To my knowledge, it hasn't been released widescreen. If I remember correctly, the film IS hard-matted to a certain widescreen ratio, so there is image composition missing.

Edit - Just to be clear, I'm only referring to the R1 release.

Jason

James Reader

Screenwriter
It's not hard matted. There is picture information missing. You can see this by viewing the special features on the disc which are widescreen and show more information at the sides (or you can simply watch the R2 disc :))

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't there supposed to be a widescreen special edition of the movie coming out soon?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

I hope so, I enjoyed this movie and felt that my son should have it regardless of widescreen or not.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
There is picture information missing. You can see this by viewing the special features on the disc which are widescreen and show more information at the sides.
...which would presumably mean that Jason was correct that the movie was hard-matted during its theatrical run?

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
Yes, there will be a region 1 WS release of The Powerpuff Girls Movie.

I'm not sure about the special features, but there's a chance that it could be a director's cut.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
...which would presumably mean that Jason was correct that the movie was hard-matted during its theatrical run?
It is, but I'm not exactly sure to what ratio, since I remember seeing it projected slightly off-center and seeing hard mattes on the print. If I had to guess, I would say the WS ratio is around 1.78:1 or so.

Jason

Glenn Leider

Auditioning
By now many of us have seen the ad for the movie to air on CN later this month. Evidently it's airing in widescreen. Perhaps the widescreen version of the video might also be released at this time?

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Doh, Cartoon Network?

Has anyone verified if that one Amazon listing was for a widescreen version?

Brenton

Screenwriter
How do you know this? You're basically repeating a rumor that's been going around for who-knows-how-long. Do you have anything to back up your claim?

I, as well, would buy this if released in widescreen.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
My sig speaks for itself, I would very much like to own the PPG movie but only if it's OAR.......

RossH

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ross Hudgins
I broke down and bought the pan n scan, but have always intended to re-buy the wide-screen, especially if it's a different cut.

Any word on more of the TV episodes coming to DVD?

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I bought the R2 Japan box set. It included, at the time, all of the PPG episodes. I think there have been some new eps since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruiyu
Recent bookmarks