What's new

Powerpuff Girls Movie: 2 versions? (1 Viewer)

James Reader

Screenwriter
Does anybody know for sure what is happening with the upcoming Powerpuff Girls Movie?
I'm especially inquiring about the presence of the 'theatrical' and the so-called 'clean' versions of the film. All the e-tailers are only listing one copy of the DVD available for resale. Does this mean both versions are available on the same disc? Perhaps via branching?
Also DeepDiscountDVD is listing the film as being full frame and anamorphic widescreen. Is this again due to the 2 versions on the same disc, with the 'theatrical' version being in widescreen?
Here is the initial announcement off DVDFile

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The initial DVD will be open matte, while the CARTOON NETWORK DVD coming later will be 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen with a bunch of extras.

Buy the CN DVD, skip the first one.

James Reader

Screenwriter
I found these menu shots on theLink Removed which show that the initial release is to get a 'Full Length Director's Commentary' (third menu down).
Not really sure what additional extras another release could have.
Also being as I live in the UK, I'm not sure I could order from the Cartoon Network anyway, I belive it was to be a Cartoon Network website exclusive? :frowning:
Anyone know about the 'clean' and 'theatrical' versions and how they relate to the November release?

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
Hi James,

The PPG Movie is Full Screen only, and the whole "clean" version thing is something that DVDfile made up. Actually, The "clean" version refers to the packaging without stickers on it. DVDfile took the word clean as another version of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks