Powerpuff Girls "Beat Alls" episode

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Meyer, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

I have no idea whether or not this was planned or purely serendipity, but did anyone else see this AMAZING episode last night ? Virtually every line had a Beatles song reference in it and it contained my two favorite villains -- MoJo JoJo and Him. The "Moko Jono" screaming was classic.

I *have* to believe that it was aired to honor George Harrison.

Those guys are geniuses.

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Since Cartoon Network began getting more popular, they have been getting better writing for all their shows.

Adult Swim has some very funny and clever shows, but the good writing isn't limited to their adult content. I haven't seen all their shows, but Powerpuff Girls isn't aimed at just kids with its writing and plots. I'm actually surprised that they were able to do it so well with this show, as well as some others.

3. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Agent

Yes, this "Meat the Beat-Alls" airing was a tribute to George Harrison, since it wasn't originally scheduled to air that day. It comes on again Dec. 19th at 8:30pm, Dec. 28th at 3:00pm, and Jan. 6th at 7:30pm, barring any more unscheduled airings.

4. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

This is the main title on the latest Powerpuff Girls dvd. Unfortunately, the disc was written and a virus was contained in the process. Apparantly Warner Home Video has made a recall and everyone should get a refund for their dvd.

I still have mine. The employees at the store where I bought it say that they have'nt heard anything. I've called Warner Home Video here in Canada, but I have'nt heard from them yet.

5. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    I believe the fixed "Meet the Beat-Alls" DVD is due to hit stores this Tuesday.

6. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

800.com says it comes on next Tues, 12/11.