What's new

Powering up an amp with a 12V trigger? (1 Viewer)

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
I am currently running a Rotel RB 991 to my mains and an RMB 1075 for my surrounds. I have constucted a 12V trigger for the RB 991 that is triggered via the 12V output from the RMB 1075. This works fine for me.

Unfortunately, when I listen to 2 ch music, both amps fire up but I am only really using the RB 991. The RMB 1075 is on but is remaining idle.

Is this a problem? Could I be causing any damage to the RMB 1075 or the speakers connected to it?

J.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Should have no problems at all since no signal is going from the amp to the speakers, unless the amp is causing the speakers to pop as it turns on.

Kevin

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
I guess the only problem for the amp is that it would be getting turned on and off for no reason at all. Maybe and I say maybe down the road something related to turning on the amp may go. But I highly doubt that will happen. Does the 1075 have an input sensitivity mode? My 1066 is set to turn on when a strong enough signal is sent to the amp.

Kevin

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Kevin.

I am not aware if an input sensitivity mode on the amp. It only triggers via the 12 volt trigger.

John

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the 991 didn't have a 12V trigger input, can you please explain how you constructed a 12v input. I do not however think that any damage is being done to the 1075.

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
Kyle,

I have emailed you the instructions.... (thanks again to Sankar)

John

RandyRush

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe one of you can help me: I have a parasound HCA2003A, 3 ch amp powering my fronts;I connected it to my Panamax 5300 into one of the high power ports; it still won't go on and off with my system; not sure I understand the theory behind the "12v trigger"; suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks