Powerful Subwoofer!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vaughan, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Vaughan

Vaughan Agent

In my opinion, the Krell Master Reference and the Wilson XS are probably the most powerful consumer subwoofers that are available.Talking about the Krell, 2 15" inch drivers with 2,6 kilowatts of power and the Wilson Xs with 2 18" inch drivers with up to 1600 watts of peak power contained in a 8 foot inclosure(Yikes,talk of instant non-WAF) is pretty impressive although their value is not.

I read the thread about the new SVS supersub and am incredibly impressed with the specs, and am wondering how one of these monsters can compare with the two subwoofers mentioned above.I think that the SVS B4-plus would have its work cut out for it but then again , what do expect from SVS,the absolute best in price and performance.Concerning the B4-plus, wouldn,t 5000 watts of power overheat the voice coil, and those 4" ports produce port noise?(Just wondering...).Anyone to give feedback as to what you think is the best commercially sold subwoofer and how the SVS supersub could compare.I personally would consider 8 B4-plus subs in each of the four corners in my room if I had cash to burn.Ron and Tom if you reply would also be great.-Regards

Vaughan

2. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter