What's new

Powered Towers and a SVS 16-46 CS+ (1 Viewer)

Frank Kanyak

Stunt Coordinator
I have a denon 2802 with a JBL S-Series all around. S412p as mains, L-1 center, S-38's rears. Should I split the sub out 3 ways, 2 to my powered towers and one to the SVS amp??? Will I have any cancelations?

Shane G

Agent
There are a few ways you can hook up your powered towers, here is three I've tried with my Denon 3300 and Paradigm system. Experiment with each to find out whats best for you;

1)Split sub-out 3 ways. This will send a mono signal from the LFE of your receiver. Adjusting the sub channel will adjust the bass levels from your sub and towers simultaneously.

2)Run only the speakers line level leads to your towers and only the LFE to your sub (assuming your towers can obtain the signal from the speaker leads to run the internal amps)This gives you stereo bass, but limited adjustment to the internal amps(depends on speaker manufacture). Run speakers as large (or to your tastes)

3)Run only the LFE to the sub. And utilize the left and right RCA speaker pre-outs to the inputs on your towers. Run your speakers as large and experiment with the "sub-only" & "sub and mains" setting in the subwoofer setup of your receiver menu. This should allow you access the amps volume level on your towers (this is the case with my Paradigm 70P's). This gives you stereo bass and lots of flexibility in setup options between the sub and towers. This is the setup I prefer, as I am forced to have my sub next to my seating area in a corner. I found the best sound came from corner loading the sub and setting its crossover quite low to reduce its localization. Essentially letting the powered towers cover the upper bass frequencies and the PW2200 sub allowed to cover the lower bass.

Have fun

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
There may also be a line-level pass through option on the sub. Option 4) Run the speaker wire into the sub, then from the sub to the DTs. Mains set to "large", LFE to "none". This will allow you to use the crossover in the sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks