powerdvd xp audio problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris_W, May 12, 2002.

1. Chris_W

Chris_W Extra

I'm running PowerDVD 4.0 under Windows XP Pro. I have a SB Live 5.1 hooked through spdif to my onkyo reciever. I'm having this strange problem where when I start a DVD or change a sound option, I get no audio. Then if I change my reciever to a different mode (like FM or video 2 or something) and then change it back to the proper setting, the sound will work fine. It also works if while the DVD is playing I go into the SB mixer and disable the digital out and then re-enable it.

Any ideas what the hack could be causing this? I have the newest drivers for everything. Thanks for any help. Oh yeah, it used to work perfectly using WinDVD 2000 and Windows ME.

Chris

2. Chris_W

Chris_W Extra

bump [​IMG]

3. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

With PowerDVD I had the problem of always changing to SPDIF out as a default setting. I have no digital speakers so this sorta became a problem since I'd have to change the configuration each time I wanted to play a DVD.

I believe this was related to me always changing my sound card's output from 2.1 to 4.1 and headphones.

After it works fine, and you close powerdvd and reopen it does it work?

Did you check the configuration setting on power DVD and see what the audio is set to? Before I watch a DVD I always make sure it's on the right 4.1 setting (for my case) because it is usually set to spdif out.

4. Chris_W

Chris_W Extra

IT's always set to spdif which is what I want. When I get it working, it will stop working as soon as I change anything. (ie. a different sound channel, turning on then off, or even skipping tracks)

I went through Cyberlink's online tech support today and there was not even anything resmbling help there. Any ideas?????

Thanks