What's new

PowerDVD - jittery playback (example: OUT OF TIME) (1 Viewer)

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
hey guys

i watch my movies through an HTPC with PowerDVD at 1080 x 480 on my MITS...the playback is extremely jittery..almost like there's ghosting taking place

however, when i put it in my 480i toshiba player all is fine

i even tried lowering the res to 856 x 480 and i'm still seeing the same problem

watched master and commander yesterday at 1080 x 480 and had absolutely no problem

any ideas on what the problem might be and a possible solution?

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
Without knowing the specs of your system and whether you have trouble with other titles, it's hard to say. On my HTPC, PowerDVD 3.0 plays fine, but PowerDVD 5.0 is jittery. Strange.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm moving this to Computers and HTPC, because you're more likely to reach the right people in that secion. Also, I'm editing the title to include a reference to PowerDVD, since that's the real subject.

M.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Try disabling hardware acceleration (go to the configuration - video tab)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Rakesh, I had the same problem. Are you running an ATI card? Does this "jittering" take place on your PC monitor also?

Please post your system specs. Believe it or not, a few contol adjustments fixed the problem.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
hey all, i have had no problems with any movies ever on my pc except for this one..

Zen Butler:
could you elaborate on what you did to solve the problem?

yes, i am running an ATI card(radeon 7000) with powerstrip

my system specs are the following:
amd athlon xp1800+
256 mb ddr
chaintech sound card

Neil Joseph:

you know what.....i had hardware acc disabled..but i went ahead and enabled it, and it now works

but a clearer explanation of what was wrong would be helpful in case i run into this problem in another form in the future

Michael Butler:

actually i had Out of Time in the title because i am experiencing the jitter in just this movie with all the players i've tried(powerdvd,wmp 9,zoomplayer)

but thanks for moving it anyway.. it got a bunch of replies and i believe i'm on my way to resolving this issue

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Rakesh, with dvd running right click display
Choose Properties
Choose ATI Overlay Tab

Try these settings-

Brightness -10%
Contrast 92%
Sat 110%
Hue 0
Gamma .85

On my Alienware laptop playback was jittery(especially on full display), these adjustments helped on more sensitive discs.

Users who are viewing this thread