What's new

PowerDVD and Geforce not working (1 Viewer)

Pablo Maloberti

Auditioning
I've been using PowerDVD with my Geforce 2 in hardware mode without any trouble (except those ugly green subtitles!)
But yesterday I installed the latest Detonator drivers and it doesn't work any more. Well, it works but i see everytjing violet and weird!
Any help?
Is it really worth to use hardware mode (machine is P3 450Mhz)?

Andre F

Screenwriter
Sorry, I hate to ask a question to a question but....what is hardware mode in PowerDVD (I'm very new to PowerDVD)?
-Andre F

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like a gamma problem with the new drivers....or PowerDVD & the new drivers are not yet configured correctly....

Check all the parameters within PowerDVD and the display driver information = make sure no funky gamma or other settings.....If nothing works, then uninstall the new drivers - revert back...and see if that fixes it....May be some sort of incompatibility issue or Corrupted drivers....

Pablo Maloberti

Auditioning
Andre F: In the Video tab in the configuration window there's a check to enable hardware acceleration if your video card supports it.

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
Power DVD would crash when I use the TV Out thing. But I got TV TOOL and it no longer crashes. TV TOOL is even better because you can view the movies on the TV without the black borders around the edges. Only black borders I accept are the ones on the top and bottom.

BTW, I have a Dell Trinitron monitor 17". It was manufactured in 98. I noticed when I was watching Shanghi Noon today when the credits were going, I noticed they were white on the TV and sorta green on the monitor. That monitor is sort of dim also. I gotta use the Gamma settings to brighten it a bit. Maybe the whole screen is starting to burn in. Oh well. The desktop still looks good and when I'm surfing the internet and shit. It'll last for a while longer. Next monitor I want is a 19" Sony Trinitron. Trinitron CRTs are the shit. I wouldn't have an LCD monitor. Too expensive and the cheap ones have a crappy refresh rate and hurt my eyes. But I do love the Widescreen LCD on the G4 Macs. Wish they made those for PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks