Powerade commercials- keep 'em coming!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Enemark, May 10, 2002.

1. Steve Enemark

Steve Enemark Second Unit

Man, I love these commercials. I know of just the two, the one with the dude surfing the 50' wave and the other with the runner who jumps across the open drawbridge. Are there any others?

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

The surfing one is pretty old. There's a cool one with Michael Vick that I haven't seen in awhile...

3. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

Michael Vick Throws Balls and his reciever falls back like 10 yards. The same one has him throwing a ball 100 yards (Something he can really do)

Runner Jumps over the draw bridge

Surfer Surfs intense hurricane

I cant think of any more

4. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

The one with the runner is definitely an interesting premise. It could have been so much better if they'd taken the time to show her making a harder landing. If you think the footage is real up to that point, it's the landing that gives the spot away that it's phony.

5. Mike St.Louis

Mike St.Louis Supporting Actor

6. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I think the whole jumping the drawbridge was so obviously fake. The fact that her speed on the whole jump seems odd made the commercial seemed rushed on badly edited. It looks like the moment she jumps, she somehow picks up speed and also loses any vertical lift and goes horizontal to the other side and then lands!

I haven't seen the surfer one though.

Jay

7. Jereme D

Jereme D Stunt Coordinator

It's the way that she tips foward when she lands that makes it look so fake. If she had enough speed to cross the bridge gap and she tipped foward on a real jump, she would be face down on the ground.

8. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

i wondered if the runner was faked. it seemed pretty real to me, and if it was, tht would be pretty ballsy.

the vick one is faked though, as he throws the ball across the field into the stands, rather than the length of it. it's all in how they tilt the camera to follow the ball's flight.

9. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

Robert-He really can throw the ball 100 yards. Now 140 yards? Please. Even Elway could throw the ball 100 yards, and Vicks arm is LIGHT years stronger than elways. Vick as a child could throw a baseball over an 8 story building (Which is quite a feat for a 10 year old).

The speed up is evident in the one where vicks reciever recoils from his throws, much in the same manner where the runners jump is sped up.

The surfer footage appears to be real to me, if it's fake, I dont know how they faked it as the water isnt CGI.