Power strips

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon Duke, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Jon Duke

Jon Duke Stunt Coordinator

I need a power strip, and I can get a great deal on Monster products. However I've heard that since they are built to fail, other brands might be a better option for the price.

I'd like to stay under 60 bucks or so, but I wondered if anyone could recommend a strip or two. What should I be looking for? Are the Monster strips pretty decent?

I'm probably going to go with Monster, considering the deal I can get, but should I look elsewhere?

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

so what are you planning to plug into it?
    For under $100, Monster doesnt have anything that touches the features of THIS unit, right at your price. Has a cabletv coax protector, too.

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Very nice, but at 1 in the morning, can i pull in Tiera del Fuego? My that's quite a bit of RFI/EMI filtering wouldn't you say?

4. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

actually i'd been listening to Firesign Theater's "how can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all"...just a line from the album [​IMG] Hey, its been a long day Bill!

6. Jon Duke

Thanks for responding Bill and Chu.

I've got my Hit 32" HD Ready tube, Onkyo 575x, a new DVD player (prolly the Panasonic RP62), an Xbox, a vcr, a powered indoor antenna, and a Sony 5 disc cd player.

Now the Onkyo reciever has 2 plugs on the back, but I wasn't sure about using them for my better components (maybe for just the power antenna). That leaves me with 6 possible components to plug in, though I'd like to leave a slot or two open for new additions to my HT.

The Tripplite strip looked good, but would that be more than I need? It is in the price ball park, but I have no idea where to weigh in on costs vs. benefits.

7. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

More than you need? For $60! Anything less wud just be an extension cord and plug-in strip. This TrippLite is designed to take electrical surges and suppress them before hitting yoy electronic equipment. It can handle amplifiers without degrading the curent and sound.
    Yes, you can plug in low-power boxes such as the VCR into an always-on outlet to keep time, nd DVD player into the Onkyo switched outlet in back. The power antenna also will work off the always on plug.

8. Jon Duke

It sounds like I'm going to go with the Tripplite that you suggested... Thanks for the help!