1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Power line conditioner:Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Harley, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Harley

Harley Stunt Coordinator

Power line conditioner:Recommendations?

What seems to be the consensus here?

Necessary (strongly recommended)

Unnecessary (waste of money)

If you recommend, which ones should I be looking at and why?

Harley

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Well conditioners mean many things to many people and there really doesn't appear to be a consensus on the definition. In ways, your question is like asking what sort of pain relief medication do you recommend? Well that depends on the nature of your pain. And if you don't have one the recommendations, while informative, are generally useless. It might be better for you to define if you've any existing problems. If so, perhaps they're better addressed by something other than a 'power conditioner'. OTOH, you may want, for purely personal reasons to have an AC signal with certain characteristics. Like just for the hell of it. To my mind anyways, one should take some efforts to examine what they have already before directing their money to something that stands a poor chance of improving their system.

For my general take on this matter consider the following link.

3. Harley

Harley Stunt Coordinator

I just went over to the link you provided and it was definitely a must read.

With everything turned off I have a reading of 118.3 V but when I switch everything on the reading drops to 112.1 V.

Harley