What's new

Power for dual Tempests,.Crown?, Samson?.. (1 Viewer)

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,..

Still way to the green side of the theater stuff here. Building a couple Tempest sonotubes. Actually trying two different combo's, so if there is anybody wanting a Tempest sonotube, but doen't have the time or tools to build one, living in the midwest,..when I'm done deciding which system works best in my room, I will have either a big dual Tempest sono, or a pair of matching Tempest sonos for sale.

Back to the question at hand though,...Anybody have experience with both of these lines of amps? I am looking at the Crown-CE1000, and the Samson-S1000. Any expeienced info would be great, and a sourse with good pricing would be appreciated as well.

Thanks so much guys. The internet does have its up side.

>>>--->

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Haven't used the Samson, but I have the crown and from what I researched... Pat of BPD(former), Dan W of Adire, and several others recommended the crown hands down. If you will be running stereo and for subs only, you probably won't hear much difference. The samson can't bridge into 4 ohms so if you decide to go with say a BP 1503 or 1803 in the future you'll have to sell the samson to get a stronger amp. If fan noise is a big deal to you, get the samson. Both will last a very long time.

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
Might also want to consider the Hypex HS500. That's what I'm going to power my dual Tempest sonosub with. In a 480L enclosure it's 250wpc will be enough to drive the Tempests to near excursion. Supposed to be very nice amp. I'll know next week when it arrives...Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks