Power feedback from house

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Sorenson, Oct 25, 2001.

1. David Sorenson

David Sorenson Stunt Coordinator

I finally located the source of the annoying pop I keep hearing from my Servo-15. It's my bathroom fan! When it is turned off the Servo-15 emits a low pop. It's annoying and might not be good for the speaker either. I assume I need some sort of power conditioner on the sub and/or the receiver. Currently I have a good quality surge protector but I don't think it does any noise suppression.
    Any suggestions on what I might get to remove this problem?
    ------------------

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

An expensive solution would be a balanced power unit a la Equi=Tech, Smart, or PS Audio.
    A cheaper solution might be a "filter" such as Adcom ACE 315/615, one of those Monster Power AC boxes, Panamax, etc.
    You might want to go read the Power Conditioner reviews at www.hometheaterhifi.com. And, if you look through PS Audio's site, they have actual graphs of a Monster Power unit *adding* distortion to the AC line.
    ------------------

3. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

You could run a power dedicated line to the sub or remove the fan from the same line as the sub.
    Kevin