1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Power Cords

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig Beierlein, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Craig Beierlein

Has anyone had any experience with changing the factory power cords with upgraded cords ? I'm interested to hear your experience and weather there was a fifference in sound ?

2. Rob Roth

Rob Roth Stunt Coordinator

I did it, reluctantly, and have had good results. Only do it if you can return the cords after a trial. Make no other changes to your system- NOTHING_ while you spend a week auditioning the cord. On day 8 replace the new cord with the original and play the cds/DVDs that you think sounded 'different' with the new cord. Write down your reactions to how they sound with the original cord; a separate sheet for each selection. Repeat with the new cord. Compare the sheets. If there is a distinct pattern, it should be obvious.
    Keep or return the cord. You will receive support- some quite vociferous- whatever you decide.
    psaudio.com has a discussion forum and a 30 day return policy. I have purchased several of their products, including cords, and have been satisfied. Be careful; power tweaks can end up costing you more than many people have in their entire systems.

3. EricKH

EricKH Agent

I replaced the stock power cords on my amps with Harmonic Technologies cords. I am very happy
    ------------------
    Thanks, Eric