Power Cords

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig Beierlein, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Craig Beierlein

Has anyone had any experience with changing the factory power cords with upgraded cords ? I'm interested to hear your experience and weather there was a fifference in sound ?

2. Rob Roth

Rob Roth Stunt Coordinator

I did it, reluctantly, and have had good results. Only do it if you can return the cords after a trial. Make no other changes to your system- NOTHING_ while you spend a week auditioning the cord. On day 8 replace the new cord with the original and play the cds/DVDs that you think sounded 'different' with the new cord. Write down your reactions to how they sound with the original cord; a separate sheet for each selection. Repeat with the new cord. Compare the sheets. If there is a distinct pattern, it should be obvious.
    Keep or return the cord. You will receive support- some quite vociferous- whatever you decide.
    psaudio.com has a discussion forum and a 30 day return policy. I have purchased several of their products, including cords, and have been satisfied. Be careful; power tweaks can end up costing you more than many people have in their entire systems.

3. EricKH

EricKH Agent

I replaced the stock power cords on my amps with Harmonic Technologies cords. I am very happy
    ------------------
    Thanks, Eric