What's new

power cord question (1 Viewer)

Yogi

Screenwriter
I am planning on making my own power cord for my B&K 7250 as it came with a piss poor 16/3 ga powercord. I thought that since I have 12 ga wiring through out my house I might make a power cord with atleast the same ga. I don't know if it will make any difference in sound but I am going to make one nevertheless, since its so simple to make. I am thinking of going 12/3 or 10/3 ga. My question is do I use a cord which has a few 'fat' conductors or one that has many 'thin' conductors? Which will give me better current delivery? Also do I use sheilded/unsheilded cable, given the fact that I dont have any ground loop issues. My speakers and the amps are dead silent (can't hear any hiss 1 inch away from the tweeters at full 18 db volume). Any other suggestions from the cable experts?

Thanks in advance.

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
Try the DIY section of this site: www.audiotweaks.com
I am currently making the 12/3 version, and it really is quite easy. Even the Volex(Belden) shielded 14/3 power cords are a step up from the flimsy OEM cords, and they are "inexpensive."
JP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks