What's new

Power conditioners (1 Viewer)

DarrellC

Stunt Coordinator
I live in a new neighborhood that has frequent power outages, about once every other day for a couple of minutes each. This make me also concerned that my wall socket supply may not be the most stable. Does anyone use any of the Monster Cable Power Conditioners? Something like the HTS 3500 or HTS 2600? Some have different stages of clean power. What does this mean?

Matt_Doug

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to say, but nothing can help you with power outages. At most, an uninterruptible power source (UPS) will only give you time to shut down your system properly. The monster units and all other power conditioners will only function on stable power. They're designed to clean up dirty power, not create it. Since your house is new I'm sure that dirty power is not even a consideration for you. You also may want to disconnect your system soon after a power outage. When it comes back up it usually does so with a wallop that could do damage to your system.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
well it's one thing to be concerned about the stability of your AC out and another thing to know. to get a handle you could always purchase a recording multimeter (RS) and determine the voltage variations in a 24 hour period. more likely though, your voltage swings are within the utility's specifications and quite probably well within the operating requirements for your attached equipment (see the manuals). personally, I'd be looking primarily in the way of surge protection. if you have your own home, I'd strongly suggest insalling a whole house unit in conjunction with local protection for your HT setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks