What's new

Power conditioners under 100 (1 Viewer)

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
What are you some decent power conditoners under $100. My voltage ranges from 115 to 118 and I need more outlet anyways.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Bruce,
you aint gonna get a "power conditioner" under $100, but you can get a nice SURGE SUPPRESSOR.
Your voltage appears normal, so long as you dont get power line voltage sags to 80VAC or suffer surges from outside interferences.
I like for everyday, no-nonsense, mainstream use the TrippLite Isobar6 for ~$60 or less. Also comes in 8 and 12 outlet.
Moving up, you get into true Power Conditioners which may be voltage stabilizers or isolated transformer voltage regulators. They cost.
Balanced Power Technologies sells 120VAC units from $800 to $1100. Here's one Link Removed
Another is the Monster HTPS7000 for $1149, both balanced power and surge suppression.
PS Audio's Power Regenerator and Furman units also work on voltage regulation, IIRC.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Bruce, that Power Werks unit is designed for professional stage application; it's basically a Surge Protector (not a power conditioner as it calls itself). I've not heard about it in a home entertainment system ap.

But it has no terminals for your coax cable, which need to run thru a surge protector, too.

And it looks sorta bulky. The TrippLite I like cud sit on the floor behind your entertainment center/rack.

Jason-Pro

Stunt Coordinator
ive got a panamax max 4300 got it for my birthday its prett nice. i think they are like $140 or so just a surge supressor tho.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Bill, according to Triplite's site they do say they have batteryless power conditioners. A search on Pricewatch.com indicated some that would be in his price range. I don't know about the nature of the conditioning though, but for that matter, when i emailed Monster, I didn't get too much information either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks