Power Conditioner and Digital Cable Box

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn _G, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Shawn _G

Shawn _G Auditioning

I know this type of question has been posted here but I have tried the solutions that were posted with know success. I have recently purchased a panamax 4300 and have wanted to run my cable through it as well because I am sure the warranty is not good unless you do so. When I run the Cable through the satellite portion of the surge protector the analog channels were very staticky specially the lower ones however some higher analog were fine and so were the digital. I am using Rg-59 cable and am thinking that is the problem but before making an investment I wanted to get everyones advise.

Thanks,
    Shawn

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Shawn,

Panamax 4300 offers two F-terminal pass-thrus: one for SAT that's at 27V, and one for cableTV coax that's 0.7V. This is the one you want to use.

The wall feed goes into the 4300 and then a shorter jumper with F-terminals to the converter box; it might help to get RG-6 here, and out of the cabvle box, too, if that's the way you go, to maintain the RG-6 path from the cable company.

Some people like to use a 7/16-in wrench to give the F-terminals a 1/2 turn tightening.