power centers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christ Reynolds, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i'm looking to get one for my ht stuff, and i saw the hts2500 from monster cable. i'd rather not pay much more than this (~150 on ebay), any opinions about this model, or other suggestions in this price range? i'd prefer a unit with the standard width so it will fit in my ht rack. thanks in advance

CJ

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

What all do you intend to plug into this surge suppressor? Include any cable/satellite coax you run. In the meantime, run a forum SEARCH on Monster HTS2500. Some have found problems with NEW units, not to mention from ebay.

It cud be you can get a workhorse in TrippLite Isobar 6 DBS for $60 (not a rack mount), or one of the smaller Panamax rack mount, like the 4300 ~$147 plus s/h.

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    I’ve been very happy with my Adcom ACE-515’s, especially the sequential on-off feature. You can get them for probably $75-150 on e-bay. Adcom also has a couple of updated models – don’t know what they sell for, though.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

...these new Adcom ACE 315 and 615 units look promising -- more like HT user-friendly Brickwall, or Series Mode technology rather than MOV. I'm gonna research these a bit...