Power cable

Discussion in 'Computers' started by JamieD, Sep 10, 2003.

1. JamieD

JamieD Supporting Actor

Hi folks. Bit of an odd question for you. I found an old IBM Scanner 0275-001 in a liquidation scale, but without any cables/software. I've found software, and a parallel cable, but a power cable has eluded me.

I need a DC+, 15V 1A cable, with a "larger" plug on the end. No idea how else to explain it, but I know that the only other cable that "Fit" was a 30V cable from my printer. So I guess it's an "oversized" plug, as both cables with the right volatage/current were too small. Any thoughts?

2. KurtW

KurtW Stunt Coordinator

It's probably some propriatory power cord. You may see if you can have one made at a good (read: Not Radio Shaft) electronics store. I'd try Ebay and IBM first, then go to drastic measures.

3. JamieD

JamieD Supporting Actor

Well, I tried ebay/googling for it, and after calling IBM, I discovered that the $166 dollar "power adapter" has been replaced by a Universal IBM cable, for $30 Canadian.

I sure hope this scanner works, else I'll have a replacement cable for anyone who could use one. *L* I'll likely order it later today.

But all the reviews I've read for this scanner seem to indicate it will solve my scanning needs!.. Hopefully.