What's new

Power cable (1 Viewer)

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Hi folks. Bit of an odd question for you. I found an old IBM Scanner 0275-001 in a liquidation scale, but without any cables/software. I've found software, and a parallel cable, but a power cable has eluded me.

I need a DC+, 15V 1A cable, with a "larger" plug on the end. No idea how else to explain it, but I know that the only other cable that "Fit" was a 30V cable from my printer. So I guess it's an "oversized" plug, as both cables with the right volatage/current were too small. Any thoughts?

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
It's probably some propriatory power cord. You may see if you can have one made at a good (read: Not Radio Shaft) electronics store. I'd try Ebay and IBM first, then go to drastic measures.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Well, I tried ebay/googling for it, and after calling IBM, I discovered that the $166 dollar "power adapter" has been replaced by a Universal IBM cable, for $30 Canadian.

I sure hope this scanner works, else I'll have a replacement cable for anyone who could use one. *L* I'll likely order it later today.

But all the reviews I've read for this scanner seem to indicate it will solve my scanning needs!.. Hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl333
Recent bookmarks