What's new

Power Amps for Klipsch (1 Viewer)

Andrew Beck

Stunt Coordinator
One of the upgrade paths I decided on when I bought my outlaw reciever was that I would buy a seperate power amp at some point. The things I've been looking at are the Outlaw 750, the Rotel 1075, and the parasound 1205A. I'm wondering if I need that much power though. My speakers are very efficient Klipsch's and in my room, even the outlaw's internal amps can make them go much louder than I can stand with plenty of extra headroom. It almost seems a waste to go with one of the much higher powered amps.

Which leads to my question: has anyone had any expierence with the Rotel 1066 and or the parasound 855A. they're much lower power amps and probably aren't of the highest quality. But are they sonically any better than what I'm going to get out of my reciever? Are there any quality amps that put out 65-100 Watts?

I have the parasound 885 with klpisch referance speakers and I love the sound. The amp provides plenty of power for them. When listening to the system at referance, or above even the speakers are not strained at all.

Andrew Beck

Stunt Coordinator
I like the bright sound of the klipsch's... that's why I bought them. Of course some of that is due to my lack of hearing in the high regions (above 15k or so, which is only getting worse as I grow old). But the main reason is the kind of music I listen to, is generally played live through horn loaded speakers, so the Klipsch sound to me makes me feel like I'm there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks