Power Amp Question... How to drive TWO sub woofers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Johnston, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Bill Johnston

Bill Johnston Stunt Coordinator

I am selling a Power Amp (specs below)... The guy that is interested in the Amp has asked me...

"Can this amp drive two subwoofers????

I want to have crossfiring subs.

I have the matching KR-X1000 receiver."

I'm assuming that he would take the "pre out" for the sub from receiver... and then he would plug it into the "mono/left" channel... and then hook up his sub's on the right and left speaker connectors...

I've never used these power amps that I am selling so I was hopping you guys might be able to help me anwer this...

Thanks!!!

Bill

----------------------------------------

STEREO MODE

130 watts per channel minimum RMS, both channels driven @ 8 Ohms, from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz with no more than 0.01% total harmonic distortion (FTC).

MONO MODE

270 watts minimum RMS, @ 8 Ohms, from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz with no more than 0.03% total harmonic distortion (FTC).

2. Brian Fellmeth

Brian Fellmeth Supporting Actor

Are the subs powered ? The hookup options are different for powered vs passive subs.

3. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

If it's a regular stereo amp, I'm thinking that he'll need to have a Y-connection at the inputs so that the L & R see the same signal. Then, hook up two subs as you describe.