Power Amp for Sub

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Bob_S, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Bob_S

Bob_S Stunt Coordinator

Hi everyone, I'm new here as you can see but have been into home audio for a while now. I am a regualr at caraudioforum and just found this site today...

So back to my question. I live in a dorm at school right now and I have no system at all here, except for my terrible h/k computer speakers. So me and my roomate decided we're going to do a little bit of diy in here. Im going to be getting a 10" Adire Audio Brahma that I'd like to use in my room. I used the 15" versions in my car and really like the sub. (adireaudio.com) My only problem has been findind an amp to supply it with sufficient power. Its a dual 2ohm sub with a rms of 1600watts. In my car I only put about 1200 on them so i figure anywhere from 500-1000 in my room will be more than enough. So I was wondering if you guys could help me find a nice amp for it. Only thing is, I'm in college and money is tight so nothing too expensive. This doesn't need to be very high end just enough to get me by. I dont have a preference to either a plate amp or normal style amp. So any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Bob

2. DavidVT

DavidVT Stunt Coordinator

Do a google search for:

QSC RMX amplifiers

3. Bob_S

Bob_S Stunt Coordinator

thnaks man, I looked them up and the 850 is excatly what I'm looking for. Its definetly at the top of my list.

4. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    hi Bob

I will be listing some amps today on HTF.

I have a Harmon Kardon power amp at 185 wpc at 8 ohms

and 5 QSC Audio amps...these are the DCA versions (the best they make). 3 are 200 a channel, 1 is 350 a channel the 5th is 400 a channel. All power is rated at 8 ohms...if I remember correctly the 400 wpc unit is rated at 1100-1200 wpc at 2 ohms. Pricing will be at 60% off of retail. email if interested.

regards

Gregg