What's new

Potter - GoF Transfer Issue (1 Viewer)

Matthew Marino

Stunt Coordinator

So they used different prints to make the DVD's? Remember, there were at least 3 or 4 different variations of this number. It wasn't a mistake, it was clearly intentional in an effort to weed out bootleggers.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I have a professionally calibrated 65" RPTV and the transfer looked crappy.

In the opening credits there was a gray fussing thru the film like a snake, but it also looked like artifacting.

on my TV, when a film is transfered correctly and the film is 2.35;1, the blacks will blend into the top/bottom black bars and the screen will be completely filled.

95% of Harry Potter was a 2.35:1 film. The scenes with no CGI were great, the CGI scenes were washed out looking.

Here was a film that was crying out to be crystal clear and they, the studios, screw us. Kind of makes you wonder what they're going to do with HD???

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
This transfer is disappointing. The opening sequences have some serious artifacting issues. About mid way through the film, it starts to look decent, but all in all, not very happy about this.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Warner Bros. seems to be genuinely interested in this board's input, has anyone here with 'connections' to them brought this issue to their attention? Ron? Anyone?

Bryant Trew

Second Unit
Glad I did a search on HTF. I have my RPTV calibrated as well, and the blacks are just horrible on this DVD. I figured the problem was with my tv or RPTV, but I guess not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks