Potentially Really Stupid Sub Cable Question

mylan

Screenwriter
(with apologies to Adam for almost verbatim stealing his title )

I am trying to get more output from my sub and was thinking of trying to place it beside our seating position instead of corner front but need a longer cable to do so. Is there a maximum length? I found a 25ft. but have been told anything over 18ft. should be avoided, is this correct?

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
My sub cable is really long 25 foot or a bit more and I have no ill effects. I wanted the sub behind me in a corner and I had to have a really long run to do it. My room is 22 feet long and I ran it along base boards so it had to be a bit longer to pull that off. Yes, you should have you sub as close to your seating position , preferably in a corner that is close to you. That what the boys at SVS told me and I have to agree after I carefully calibrated it. It pounds!

mylan

Screenwriter
Thanks, i'll give it a shot then. My present cable is Monster, before that it was AudioQuest Jade. If I thought I could wait I would shop Blue Jeans but I got a 25' AR from BB yesterday for $22. I wanted to post here before I opened it ( don't you just hate blister packs!). I had heard nearfield placement had worked for some here and thought it might help in my situation.

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDCourier