What's new

Potential Moulin Rouge DTS Problem (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
See, here's the thing. If they can't replicate the problem, they can't fix it.

Call Pioneer if you have an issue

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, are you affiliated with Fox? I myself checked this DTS track with close to 10 different players, about 5 brands! ALL OF THEM show the problem - or are you trying to say that the reason why all other discs' dts tracks play correctly is due to the fact that those are wrongly encoded while Moulin Rouge is done right?

I really think it is unbelievable that there has not been a response from Fox - and it certainly is not due to them not being able to "reproduce" it... .

Seb

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No what I'm trying to say is that after all that time and effort they put into finding the solution to the issue, and they weren't able to replicate the problem that it's probably a player firmware issue. It may even be an issue of combining certain players with certain recievers.

If they can't replicate it, they can't fix it

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
But come on, their FIVESTAR titles work fine - it MUST be on their side, since they proved they can do better! If they always delivered out-of-synch audio tracks, then OK - but since they certainly are able to do something like this correctly... .

Seb

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

Sebastian is right. It happens all the time. I have 2 friends with Moulin Rouge who also both experience the lip-sync problem. It happens on many DVD players...not just one or 2 models.

The test clearly had problems of some kind if the team couldn't replicate the problem that so many consumers are having happen without even trying. And the fact that other FOX DTS discs have no such problems points the finger at the Moulin Rouge DVD as the culprit...not the *many* players which with which it produces the lip-sync delay.

-dave

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
It's definitely not a "player specific" issue.

And...Just what problems are you talking about with the Panasonic RPX1 series?

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
For what it's worth (probably not much), I watched my new copy of MR last night (single-disc version), on my Sony DVP-S530. No lip-sync problems with the dts track (which sounds wonderful).

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
I bought a used copy that had no apparent sync issue. But about 3/4s of the way through I had terrible pixellation that appears to be from a healthy scratch/smudge on the disc. I couldn't clean it well enough or repair it to make it play through.

So I returned it and got a new copy (after a mildly heated conversation) and my brand new copy had what appear to me to be a minor sync issue, unless it doesn't but maybe my mind is playing games on me.

Who knows. I think it is there.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
the thing is this: if they've decided they're not going to go to the trouble of re-pressing and replacing the discs (ala Back To The Future), then they have two options: either admit the problem and say 'too bad' or say they don't see a problem. i really, really can't believe that they don't see a problem, though of course i can't say for sure.
anyways, what are the chances of Moulin Rouge: Extreme Edition with a re-mastered DTS? :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Pretty good I'd say actually, some new Moulin Rouge items just went through the BBFC.

And...Just what problems are you talking about with the Panasonic RPX1 series?
I constantly see people posting about having problems with this or that disc. Seems like a problem player to me

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i have the panny rp-91 and dont have any problems with any disc. but MR DTS.

BUT i also have the lip problem on my sony, my apex and my tosh 5109.

not a player problem it is a disc problem. but it must not be all the disc's . some people with the same players have seen no lip error as other with the same players.

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think so, Jeff.

Those people that say "no problem" may just not look at it correctly. If I want to see NO PROBLEM that's what will happen... .

And: I myself am using a MARANTZ receiver, a friend a different one, my backup system is a weirdo-brand from England - ALL OF THEM show the problem... .

Seb

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
I've got the Pany RP-91 and do have the lip synch problem. My receiver is a Denon AVR-3300 so it my be chipset related.

Peace,

DM

jonathan_little

Stunt Coordinator
So, does this problem exist on the single-disc release? If it doesn't, I'll be writing a letter to Fox to see if they'll trade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks