1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Bay Area Paradigm buyers, looking for a possible deal

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thang_N., Oct 2, 2002.

1. Thang_N.

Thang_N. Stunt Coordinator

Hi I am not sure if this is appropriate, so moderators please feel free to let me know.

But I am going to Canada, probably Vancouver most likely in a few months with my wife for a Road trip vacation to Washington.

I convinced her to go to Canada because of the savings on Paradigm speakers in Canada with your tax back.

My question for anyone in the Bay Area, if you are looking to make a Paradigm speaker purchase would you like to go in with me so we could possible get a better deal. We'd work out some kind of payment plan, due to the fact we would not be able to feel easy getting screwed either way..

But I feel its a solid plan for the parties involved. The prices in the Bay Area are full retail. My dealer would not even budge with a fair deal. I plan to go up there anyway so why not take advantage of the Canadian prices.
    I will be driving a nice sized truck so I'll have some space for a load of speakers. So if anyone in the Bay Area is interested in these speakers, I could buy more at the dealers up there for possible a bigger price break for both you and I.

So please PM me if you are interested and we can maybe get a plan.

Thanks,
    Thang

2. Craig Woodhall

Craig Woodhall Supporting Actor

Thang,
    i will give you the number of my Canadian Paradigm dealer that will give you smoking deals in CDN funds! Email me at [email protected]
    Craig

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Where are you shopping for Paradigm in the Bay Area? My dealer almost always gives me a discount. It will still be cheaper from Canada though.

4. Thang_N.

Craig I emailed you..

John

I go to the only dealer that's authorized in San Jose CA
    they look at me because I look kinda young. They were polite, but didn't seem to want to help me much.

I might only be buying from Canada because I will be somewhat close by, while I'm in Washington.

5. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Bay Area Audio... I think they tend to want to keep prices pretty high because they know you can't get Paradigm anywhere else in the area and you can't get them on line. When I went there they were willing to take off about 10% but it was still too much for me. I'm glad I went with GR instead.
    John, how's the job? OK?

6. John Garcia

John
    I'm going to guess that is Bay Area Audio? I am pretty sure they are the only dealer in the South Bay. I've been dealing with them for more than 5 years. Lately, I think sales have slowed thanks to the economy, so I think they are less inclined to give a deal. If you have never dealt with them, I would also expect them not to be as ready to drop their prices, especially if you are expecting 20% or more, but this will sometimes vary with the salesperson. Unfortunately, what you may have missed in June was their annual "private" sale, where you can often get 30% to more than 50% off. Buy anything from them, they will put you on the mailing list and send you an invitaion, and it is also unfortunate that this only happens once a year.

7. Thang_N.

correct Bay Area Audio...
    Jeff What is GR?
    John Thanks for the info, maybe you can let me know next time they have the "private" sale.[​IMG]

8. John Garcia

John
    GR Research makes some very impressive DIY speaker kits. [​IMG]
    Jeff, The job is hanging by a thread, but still there for now. Prospects don't look good if things go bad. [​IMG]

9. yung cheng

yung cheng Extra

Hi,
    I live in San Jose and I am interested in Paradigm monitor 5 v3 after reading many posts on this site.
    Anybody knows the retail price of Monitor 5 v3?
    If you find a good discount dealer please let me know.
    Maybe I can add up the buying power with Thang.

Thx

10. John Garcia

John
    V2s were $519/pr MSRP, V3s are a little more, I'm not sure exactly on the new price. Minis V2 were $349, and the V3s are $369.