What's new

POTC - At World's End Playback Issues (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Seems there are some reported playback issues surrounding POTC-AWE with Samsung 1000/1200 players and some PS3's. Here is more information and Disney's support number.

Has anyone tried this disk on the Panny 10a?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had no trouble playing it on my PS3 including the BD-J stuff that sometimes makes the PS3 hiccup a bit. I do have the most recent firmware installed.

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
My PS3-60Gb had no problems with starting up, (in fact it seemed faster than most discs), and playing the previews, etc. It did hang a little bit when I went into the special features section and then back to the main menu quickly, but I hit the Top Menu button and was fine. I have the latest firmware-2.01.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
My PS3 with FW 2.01 had issues but now when I get the first trailer to pop up, I hit top menu and it plays fine.

before it would go to thru the trailers then lock up. I couldn't even go to the Top menu.

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator

That's what happens to me on my PS3 with both Cars and Ratatouille. If I hit the menu button during the forced trailers, I can get to the feature. If I let the trailers play out, the player never makes it to the menu and I have to turn the PS3 off.

I don't have Pirates 3 yet.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
No problems here with Pirates 3 and a PS3 with outdated firmware (yeah I'm lazy)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This disc is playing on my Samsung-1000. I didn't play the entire disc, but sampled different chapters without any problems besides the usual ones with these newer discs and the Samsung.

Crawdaddy

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

No problem here. We watched the film and the bloopers and had no issues whatsoever.

I did not, however, play the extras disc.

Brian

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
A buddy of mine just tried to watch POTC 3 on his LG BH100 dual format player and it wouldn't work. Anyone else with that player have trouble with the disc?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
60GB PS3 with 2.01 firmware.

Definite playback problems. With the movie disc, I have to FF (Chapter Skip) through the trailers, etc. in order to get to the main menu. If I let the trailers play through, it freezes at a black screen and won't take me to the main menu.

On the Supplementary disc, I am having major problems. Whether I let the intro stuff play through, hit FF, hit Main Menu, whatever, it freezes and won't take me to startup screen. Not sure what combination of button presses I did last night but on my 5th or so attempt I finally got through. Luckily there isn't all that much on the supplements that I want to see so no big deal. But it is frustrating since my PS3 has played every other BD I own (around 60) like a champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks