POTA Nuon problems?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AndrewW, Nov 23, 2001.

1. AndrewW

AndrewW Stunt Coordinator

When I try and access the POTA Nuon features, it says I need a NUON enhanced DVD player. The funny thing is, is that I DO have a NUON enhanced DVD player; I have a Tosh. SD-2300. NUON works throughout the movie, just not on the special features NUON part. I know NUON isn't very popular, but I might as well take advantage of it since I have it. Anyone else have these problems?? Oh, and concerning the DTS sound problems, I didn't experience any.

2. AndrewW

I found this concerning a bug on the first wave of POTA releases, for those who care.

"There is a bug in the current Planet of the Apes release.

The link is broken to the NUON features from the special features menu. You can get to the NUON features through the Chapter Select link. A bug like this is caused when a DVD parameter is changed after we have been sent an emulation version. We are in contact with the authoring house and have a procedure now that will avoid this problem in the future.

This and several other fixes will be made on a running change from Fox. We will forward the information on when the fix will be available and how to determine on the packaging if it has the software change."

3. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Forgive my ignorance, but what the hell is a Nuon enhanced DVD player and what kind of "special" features does it/DVDs have that regular DVD players don't?

4. AndrewW

It lets you interact more with certain DVD's..you can also play some games on it. On Planet of the Apes, there's some extra footage, multi angle, and some other stuff. I like the different menu's on NUON.

5. KyleK

KyleK Second Unit

Is there any new info on when these fixes will be available?

6. Hakan Powers

Hakan Powers Stunt Coordinator

Didn't NUON go into chapter 11 like just a week ago?

7. Daniel L

Daniel L Stunt Coordinator

Yep, VM labs (The creator of Nuon) filled for Chapter 11 a couple weeks ago.

Daniel L