What's new

Posting Pics (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
A while back I could post pics here from the Photos on either my ipad or Mac. I would copy the image and paste it into the post. I remember I could do it either way using Photos to copy and then paste into the new post. Now on the ipad I can’t copy, but still can on the Mac. Either way I can’t paste in either situation.

So I’m trying pasting an iCloud link.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0kdiyFJtQeu6A6FMy3sqSq4HA#Maumelle

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So that's a video at that link.

But you can't post a static image the way you describe any more either, Johnny?

I post a LOT of images here on the forum and I have NEVER been able to do it the way you describe (but I'm a PC.Windows guy).

I always add images to posts in two ways. If they are appropriated from elsewhere on the internet, Iusually simply use their URL (unless I want to be sure that they last a long time. If I want to be sure they last...or if they originate off my own computer, phone, or camera...I upload them onto the HTF server (via the gallery/album function) and then use THAT URL to post them.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So that's a video at that link.

But you can't post a static image the way you describe any more either, Johnny?

I post a LOT of images here on the forum and I have NEVER been able to do it the way you describe (but I'm a PC.Windows guy).

I always add images to posts in two ways. If they are appropriated from elsewhere on the internet, Iusually simply use their URL (unless I want to be sure that they last a long time. If I want to be sure they last...or if they originate off my own computer, phone, or camera...I upload them onto the HTF server (via the gallery/album function) and then use THAT URL to post them.
Yes, it’s a video, and now I realize that’s the difference. I should went into Pictures and was able to copy an image and past it. Damn, I wonder why I can’t do a video.
upload_2019-12-30_19-25-25.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-30_19-24-21.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-30_19-24-21.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 154

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
When I try to upload from my computer, individual photos don't show up. I've never been able to post photos. Wish I could. Do not understand.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I post a LOT of pictures to the forum.

All I do is go to the Gallery tab at the top of any HTF page...create an album...and upload the pictures into the album.

Then they are hosted on the forum and I just right-click them, copy image location and post it amongst my text by pasting it into the text box via the picture icon.

full

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I post a LOT of pictures to the forum.

All I do is go to the Gallery tab at the top of any HTF page...create an album...and upload the pictures into the album.

Then they are hosted on the forum and I just right-click them, copy image location and post it amongst my text by pasting it into the text box via the picture icon.

full
Excellent choice.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Only the best! :D

If anyone needs any help with posting pix on this forum’s software, I’ll be more than glad to answer any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks