What's new

Posting just for the sake of posting? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
why would someone get booted for only posting in one area? that seems weird... :frowning:

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Eve, I've been enjoying your posts like the other members. However, I should warn you that you might get booted off this forum if you only post in the After Hours Lounge. Post in some other areas, and you should be fine here.
?????
If I have nothing of importance to add to another area on HTF at the present time I see no reason why I should get booted? I mean if that is true, then maybe I shouldn't be here at all. I am still a novice at home theater and am building up a DVD library and really don't have any great equiptment to boast about now, nor do I have any questions to "post just for the sake of posting" on other areas of this board. I thought after hours was a place where you talk about everything else, and so far everything else is all I have to talk about :)
Eve

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
I've said this somewhere else before, but I'll say it again: It's not the size of the post that counts, but what you can do with it.

P.S. My posts are usually boring, misspelled, unthoughtprovoking, immature, and more often than not, just plain stupid. Do yourself a favor, and skip on by my name. Thank me later.

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
Well, you know what they say ...
It's not the length of your post or the size of your font. It's how many times you post in the word association thread :D
:cool:
Kenneth

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Jack lol I heard that! They are getting me into all sorts of trouble, so far they have been telling me to only babble on the after hours forum but I'll let you know if they tell me say something else on another section of this forum heehee. :D

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Jack, you're shameless. In more ways than one.

(Let me save you some trouble. Your reply should be "I know!")

M.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
If I have nothing of importance to add to another area on HTF at the present time I see no reason why I should get booted? I mean if that is true, then maybe I shouldn't be here at all. I am still a novice at home theater and am building up a DVD library and really don't have any great equiptment to boast about now, nor do I have any questions to "post just for the sake of posting" on other areas of this board. I thought after hours was a place where you talk about everything else, and so far everything else is all I have to talk about
:) I think one of the moderators' reasons for booting past members was that this is a "Home Theater" forum and that you can talk about the topics found in this elsewhere.
~T

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Yeah yeah yeah...I see all you guys picking on me with the "ditto's." Hahahaha...:frowning:
J/K! ;)
Dan Hine

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
This is an interesting thread. :)
On the flip side there are people with tons of posts that willingly claim to know very little about the ins and outs of hardware. These members are usually in the know on all the latest movies and such.
That would be me! I'm too poor to get into hardware. Just call me a techno-wannabe!
It looks like the esteemed Mr. Kissinger is almost at a hundred posts - time for a celebration, buddy! :D

Eve T

Supporting Actor
quote:

I think one of the moderators' reasons for booting past members was that this is a "Home Theater" forum and that you can talk about the topics found in this elsewhere.

~T

I would just simply like to say that if a "moderator" would like to talk to me about posting on other areas of the board that would be fine and I would understand but I've only been here ummmm something like 2 or three days, give a person a chance to post on other areas of the board when the time arises. Cool?

Eve

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Eve:

I appreciate your feedback on this and basically what we don't want is people coming to HTF just to hang out in the After Hours lounge and never contribute to any other areas on the forum. It is after all a forum to discuss those things involved in Home Theater. The After Hours lounge was started up for those members that wanted to discuss other areas of interest from time to time. But was not set up to be the only place that people that visit this site post in.

If we notice that a member is only posting in the After Hours lounge over a period of time we will email them and ask them to contribute something to the other areas of the forum. If they chose to ignore that request from us that is when the banning of the member will come into play.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks