What's new

poster frames? (1 Viewer)

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
Does anyone know where to get some affordable ($25) wooden poster frames? I got 2 at media play today but I depleted their stock. Any idea's of places on the net?
-- Matt

Mike V

Stunt Coordinator
Although not on the net...Suncoast and Sam Goody carry nice black wooden frames(27x40) for $24.00 each.
------------------

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
If you have access to some pieces of wood and a friend's woodshop you can make a basic frame very easily. Cut the pieces to size with 45 degree miter cuts for the corners and cut grooves on the insides to handle the mounted posters and the plexi or regular glass. Glue up and clamp the corners. Paint or stain, then finish and you're ready to go. Buying all the materials you'll need will probably cost at least $24, probably more, so maybe you are better off buying a cheap frame somewhere :)
------------------

Tim Kline

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Kline
I'm also looking for frames.. so far I have 2 posters.. Sopranos is 22 3/8" x 34 6/8" and Army of Darkness is 24" x 35 6/8" .. so those Suncoast ones wouldn't fit for me
frown.gif

I'm planning to get at least 2 more .. I guess these will have to be custom framed? Anyone know what that might end up costing, on average?

William_L

Grip
My local Target store had some poster frames for $17.99, but are kind of cheap looking. Also no glass

Jon Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Tim, 24" x 36" is a pretty standard size. I'm pretty sure Suncoast also carries this size. Army of Darkness should fit w/ just a little extra. For the smaller poster, you can go to a frame or craft store and have a matte cut to fit any larger frame you buy. This will probably cost about $10. You can also get DIY framing supplies which are wood or metal that you screw together (no woodshop needed), then have a piece of glass or plastic cut to fit. The framing supplies come in 1" lengths. It's a little more than what you'll pay @ Suncoast, but you'll get the exact size you wanted.

Tim Kline

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Kline
Well, I went to an arts and crafts store that my mom recomended, called Michaels (I think it's a chain, in this area at least) .. I paid like $35 each for a nice looking black metal poster frame, standard size, and the frame overlaps about 1/2" all around, so the army of darkness fit perfect and you can't tell the teeny bit short that it was.. the Sopranos one I got a matte cut, and I have em both hanging up right next to the TV :)

Matt/Tim,
The best frames on the net are found at www.americanframe.com. I have used them several times and they have great service and prices. These maybe a little more expensive than you want, but they are far better quality than you'll find at Suncoast or most other places. The only downside is they won't ship the plexi glass if it's oversized which yours would be. I went to Michael's and bought the glass from them.
You can also check out www.showoffdisplays.com they have a good selection of frames as well. Hope this helps.
------------------

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Another vote for Americanframes. Great pricing (about half of Michael's or other local retail) and service. Many differenct metal frames and fancy wood also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks